Last Man Standing [Project 2021-6]
A gangster armed with a magic gun and an unlikely ally has to take revenge on a cult leader. Shoot through walls, chain together kills, and take back your city!
*Made for the AI in Games Jam 2021.*
You need to collect 4 coins each time you want to fire the gun.
- Machine Gun enemies have been nerfed.
- Spelling of 'Zeus' is now consistent throughout the game.
- All cutscenes after the tutorial are now skippable.
For "Break the rules", the main weapon the player has can shoot through walls, automatically targets enemies and chains together kills, breaking most conventional rules of top down shooters. But to use this overpower weapon, you have to collect $100.00 (4 coins) to fire.
What is Project 2021?
Over the course of this year, I am trying to tell a story between all of my games. While you do not need to play any prior or following games to enjoy this, the lore does build. Can you piece together the story that is being told?
Other Cannon Games This Year:
- Out Of Time
- Armor Of God
- Death Percent
- Rouge Royale
- A Name Is Earned
- Last Man Standing
- Joining Forces
- Second Son
- Death Percent 2
- Journey to Hell
- A Drunk Thief Returns
- From the Ashes
- WASD / Arrow Keys to move
- Click to shoot
- Space Bar to Interact with Objects
The Magic Gun:
- Need to collect $100.00 worth of coins to fire.
- Every enemy you kill with it restores 10% HP and can bring you up to 200% HP.
- Makes you temporarily invincible after shooting for half a second.
- Chaining together large groups of enemies is an effective use of ammo
- Do not let yourself get trapped in a corner unless you have a way out.
- You are invincible while the bullet is traveling and for 1/2 a second afterwards. Might be a good use to get out of sticky situations.
- Enemies will chase after you, hording them into a group will keep them more manageable then if they surround you.
- Programming, Game Design, Art (IanGoGo)
- Music (Pre-purchased): Andy Ray
- Cork Board Texture from: https://www.myfreetextures.com/large-cork-texture-background-image/corkboard/
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
I really enjoyed playing this game. The controls are a bit quirky, but that makes it all that more fun.
The story behind this game is also rather interesting, and really helps set the game's ambience.
A small thing I did notice; at the start of the game it specifically says 'Zeus', but in most other places it says 'Zues'.
Also, I would like it if you could fire only one bullet (and only hit one target) when you have less than the 4 coins.
Other than that, Great Game! I loved playing this and hope to see more games in the future
Thanks for the feedback! I've been playing around with varying levels of story in my games, I'm trying to hit a nice mark between story and gameplay, I might have pushed to far with story in this but I'll adjust with future games.
I really like the idea of being able to shoot one bullet at a time if less then 4 coins, if I ever revisit this mechanic in the future, I may play around with that concept.
Thanks for pointing out that spelling error, I'll fix it in the post-jam version of the game!
I played through the whole game and its really fun. I have no complaints. The opening without a gun is really fun. The story is interesting. Its very fun to chain together hits whenever you get enough money to use the gun. Good job!! :)
Actually I did notice one small mistake: lose is spelled "loose" one time towards the start of the game. It's very minor. Great game though!
Thanks for the feedback! I've been trying to experiment with more story in my games, I'm glad you found it interesting.
I'll make sure to fix that spelling error in the post-jam build of the game.