Highlighting one error in CHROME: Tapped to another tap in Chrome shortly, came back and clipped out of bounce
In The Walls
The bug where characters would fall through the map has been fixed!
- In the settings there is a debug option for showing what dice power is currently in effect.
- If you get stuck, you can load the last checkpoint from the menu.
- All controls can be rebound in the settings menu
- A and D to move left and right
- W to jump
- Click and hold to aim dice
- E to cancel a throw
- "F" to interact
- This game is cannon to project 2021.
- In 2021 I gave myself a challenge to make 12 games in 12 months with one story.
- You can play the other cannon games here: https://itch.io/c/2063306/12-games-12-months-1-story
Previous GMTK Jam Entries:
- Joining Forces (2021) https://iangogo.itch.io/joining-forces
- A Drunk Thief (2020) https://iangogo.itch.io/a-drunk-thief
- The theme of this jam was 'Roll of the Dice'. In this game, you use your dice for combat, timing the attacks carefully to maximize damage. Beware the cat who wields a 20 sides dice of his own.
- Art Master: ThatGirlPreston (Instagram: @ThatGirlPreston)
- Level Design: JaredMV (https://jaredmv.itch.io/)
- Programming: IanGoGo (https://iangogo.itch.io/)
- Music: BrennaNicole (https://www.youtube.com/user/Music13Guitar)
*Made in 48 hours for the GMTK Jam 2022.*
Download the Windows 64bit, unzip the folder and double click on "InTheWalls.exe" to start the game
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
I like the idea that the player can wait for the dice roll to attack rather than it being completely random. It gives the player more control. The movement and jumping feel good but it's hard to tell which things you can stand on and how much of them you can stand on. I think this is due to a lack of contrast with the background and there being no outline on the area you can stand on. Good job overall.
Nice gameplay and combat, but it would be helpful if you made it more clear as to where the player is supposed to go since the map is very big.